work

7:54 PM / posted by MadHatter /

I thought I should talk about my first day at work. Yep.. I rocked up to uni in work attire - a white button up blouse and black pants and got a whole heap of "you're dressed up today". Reminds me of the time when i wore baggy black khaki-material kinda pants and people went hysterical because they thought I was going for a job interview. Well, not hysterical but i received a lot of remarks.

I now work at a pharmacy in Bedfore. How I got the job? My family friend is the new manager there. Work was ok. The till makes me feel like an unco-ordinated retard and the customers are nice. old, but nice. Other than getting bullied by the cash register and EFTPOS machine, overall it was ok. I could hack it, it was hackable. I was disappointed by the available eateries surrounding the place though. The selection was very bland - we're next to City Farmers, a servo, a dog grooming salon, a bank, a gym, a lunchbar, a sushi place (which happened to be closed at 1pm wth?) and a kebab shop. So looks like i need to start bringing in my own lunch.

Ummmm...I dunno what the pay rate is yet, and my set hours for the time being are Mondays 3-7 and Saturdays 9-6. This Saturday I'm working with a newly registered pharmacist who's just graduated. Was told she doesn't do much and likes to keep to herself. And that she's lazy. fantastic. Hope all goes well.

Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

whos.amung.us - visitor maps